Thursday, April 06, 2006

"Da Vinci Code" fuss is baffling

David Harsanyi writes: When a representative of Douglas County Libraries asked me to participate in a debate on Dan Brown's best seller "The Da Vinci Code," I jumped at the chance. Although, clearly, there were two minor problems I had to tackle first. One, I had never read "The Da Vinci Code." Two, I didn't want to read "The Da Vinci Code." Ever. Really. Never ever. It's certainly not elitism, as I take as much pleasure in junk culture - "South Park," "Family Guy," any reality show with overweight former celebrities - as the next guy. But frankly, I felt out of touch. "The Da Vinci Code" has sold upwards of 40 million copies in hardcover and more than 500,000 copies in its first week of paperback release. A movie version featuring Tom Hanks is on the way. [More]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home